Course description: ENGAGEMENT WITH FACEBOOK GROUPS
Learn to report on and engage with closed digital communities.
As Facebook pushes its users to interact more and more in private groups, these closed spaces are where news tend to happen and journalists must learn to engage with them authentically.
Hannah Wise will use real-life examples from her work to cover the following topics:
- Overview of Facebook privacy settings
- How to find Facebook groups to monitor
- How to engage with existing groups as a journalist
- How to use Facebook groups for reporting and information sharing
- How to create and grow a Facebook group
- How to facilitate and maintain a topic-centered community
- How to keep the conversation going
Facebook Groups, Part 1
Facebook Groups, Part 2
The instructor is incredibly likable. I found myself drawn in right away. I'm also a cat lover so that might be part of the reason I liked her so much. :-)...Read More
The instructor is incredibly likable. I found myself drawn in right away. I'm also a cat lover so that might be part of the reason I liked her so much. :-) She just has a very approachable personality which is why she's so skilled at managing social media. I learned a lot from this course.Read Less